Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Daze

It's been a while since my last post. I'm still getting used to the world of blogging! I think I just love reading everyone else's blogs! :-) I've been changing colors & fonts...so please bear with me!!! I don't have alot of crafty items, but I'm hoping to work on that soon. I recently went to Geneva, Illinois where they were celebrating Swedish Days. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera! They have the cutest little shops there! I found one that was playing Madeline Peyroux, and had the coolest altered art fairies, angels, ornaments, and even those cute rolls of WISH raffle tickets! I was lovin it! I just wished I had my camera! I definately need to bring it the next time I go! The last 2 weeks have been busy & fun filled. I do work full time, and I try to plan fun things to do around my schedule. I took my son to summer camp yesterday! He'll be out of state....away from HOME for 1 whole week! It's his first time there. He was overly excited and was unable to sleep the night before! I think my daughter could've fit into his duffel bag! It was HUGE! He'll have a great time though. He's ALSO there with 2 school friends and his cousin. They're all bunkmates! They were already planning their pranks! Their camp counselors, Tanner & Andy were SO COOL! The boys will have a BLAST! They'll swim in the lake, ride the banana boats, hike, make crafts, plan skits, archery etc. I went to same camp ALMOST 25 yrs ago! Ok, more like 27 years ago. I made sure to show him the lodge I tried to break into to use the payphone to call my mom because I was SOOOO homesick! LOL!



I was hoping to get some other pics of the campground. The lake is really beautiful. They have a beautiful screened porch at the lodge overlooking the lake. I can't wait until next weekend! It's going to be a great week for him, and I'm excited to hear about all about his experience. I can just imagine the stories he'll have! The boys were already thinking about the little pranks they wanted to pull on the girls!


Hannah, her sweet cousin Belle, and their friend Jane took a train ride into Chicago last week to visit Water Tower Place. Well, their actual destination was the American Girl Doll Store! While all of the girls are very busy with music lessons, sports, and other things...they still love being little girls and playing with their dolls. I wish they could stay little forever! My mother....their dear "AMMA" spoiled them rotten during their recent trip! The weather was perfect. They had a fabulous day shopping, and ate at a cute hot dog place that was full of cute little doggie decor. The flat screen tv had dog pics, and the walls were just covered with adorable pooches. The girls were in heaven! Their little dolls got their hair done, and they posed for lots of cute pics!








Don't ya wish you could be a kid again?! Well, that's the last of my recent pics. We'll be heading to Navy Pier on our next trip! That's all for now! Take care everyone!

Gina ;-)
xoxo


3 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

hi and welcome to blogland.
i love the american girl store.
so fun!!
happy blogging
oxoxo,
jessi

paige said...

oh i love the pictures of the girlies at american girl!
xo

SweetAnnee said...

oh what fun
I love American Girl
and so do my girls
wanted to take them to the store
but we never got there, guess they out grew of it
I have their dolls and clothes and books!!